Monday, January 6, 2014

This Week - 25 Lessons!

Howdy everyone!

This week, (as my companion and I were figuring out numbers last night) my companion and I taught 25 lessons. Our goal for this upcoming week is 26. Apparently we reached the old standard of excellence, and are working up to the current standard, which is 30 lessons a week. We are on a roll! It has been so incredible teaching various families such as the Houchens, the Bells, the Herreras, and so many more! 

We've really been getting busier and busier as we get better in communicating with our ward mission leaders and bishops. We know it's getting busy when we look at the schedule, and we have 8 lessons set for the night. For those who don't know, to have 8 lessons from 6pm to about 9pm is incredible. We have to split up to cover them all, which makes me really have to work to know everything that I'm teaching, because I can't just rely on my companion to pick up at any point. It's been incredible to see the changes that have gone on in the East Stake since I've been here. We're still working on getting the North Stake to the same point, but we're working on it!

Just a quick little ending note--
This morning when I got on the computer, I learned of the deaths of two very amazing people, Tyler Allen Gold (my mom's cousin who dealt with muscular dystrophy for most of his life), and D.A. Conner (a great man in my ward who always made me smile). I'm so glad for the blessings of the temple, and for the peace of mind that it can bring, as we know that we are sealed together. I'm also grateful for the Atonement, that through the Atonement, we can be helped through the grief and pain of death. In Mosiah, chapter 16, verse 8, it says,"But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ."  

I'm so grateful for the Atonement. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to be on a mission, and to spread the news of it. I'm so very thankful for the blessings I've received as I've applied the Atonement to my own life, and I testify of the true, cleansing power it has. I invite everyone that reads this to see how they can apply it in their own lives, and once you've figured out how, to do it. If you don't know what it is, learn about it! Send me a message on Facebook (only if you aren't a member of the LDS church), and I'll do my best to answer your questions!

Thank you so much to everyone who wrote me a Christmas card/letter! They were much appreciated! :D

I love you all, and I hope you are all keeping up with your New Year's resolutions! :D


Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment