Monday, November 2, 2015

Continuing to Hasten

Howdy everyone!

Well, another week is gone. :/ <sigh> Time is flying! Some news this week.. Elder Taylor received word on Saturday afternoon that he's going home. The sickness isn't really responding to any of his many medications, and keeps him pretty much out of commission. So, to that end, President Hodgman called on Saturday afternoon to tell him that he's going home, and that he wants the best for him. Elder Taylor will be leaving tomorrow morning, and will be back at his home by evening time. I'm going to miss Elder Taylor a lot, and he's promised that he'll still be in contact with me. Now, that also left the issue of what to do with me, since I have to have a companion, even for my last 3 weeks of my mission. 

When President Hodgman first called, he didn't know what to do with me except pull me out of Nephi, close my area, and put me with other elders nearer to Provo. Then, last night, we had a conversation with President Hodgman in which he told me not to pack, and that he was working things out. I've since found out that I'll be receiving a new companion, and I already know who it is. :) Elder Joseph Bennett will be my new companion, and I've known him since he came into the mission! :D He was being trained in Highland while I served in Alpine, and was in my district. He's a fantastic elder, and I can't wait to be his companion. Now, that all being said, I continue to ask for y'all's prayers in behalf of Elder Taylor. He's got a long road ahead of him, but I know he can do it. I just know he'll have to have some major help from Heavenly Father to do it. 

The work is continuing to hasten here in Nephi, and I'm working my tail off till the very end! :) I love y'all! I hope you have a fantastic week, and that y'all do the best you can to be happy every day!

Love, 
Elder Conrad Hamilton
Keep Smiling! :D 

Pumpkins - all lit up with the help of  the iPad.




















No comments:

Post a Comment