Monday, January 20, 2014

Transfer Time - Staying in Eagle Mountain

Howdy howdy everyone!

So, this past week has been a total blur! Things have been moving so fast, and I'm actually getting much better at keeping on top of things! Amazing, right?


Fun news everyone! We have, <drum roll> 4 people lined up for baptism between now and mid-February! It's been incredible to see the changes in people's lives as we've met with them, and helped them live the commandments of our Heavenly Father.

This week has been one of incredible growth for me. As many know, last week, when Elder Stevenson and Elder Hodges were sick was really the trial by fire for me. By the end of the week, I was exhausted, I was super-stressed about a lot of things, and I was really frustrated that I was really working on getting everything together, and things kept falling through. I was just so upset with myself that I had let so much happen to the schedule. I wasn't sure why the lessons kept falling through (last minute cancellations, etc), and each night, my sleep suffered because I was so stressed about the next day. But, I learned my lesson.

Missionary work is NOT something to stress about. This is the Lord's work, not mine. I'm here to help invite others to Christ. I'm simply directing them to Christ. When things fall through, I work a little bit harder to reschedule, and re-invite. I think the Lord took last week to teach me that. Definitely something I'll remember to keep in my mind as I go through the rest of my 22 months.

Actually, that reminds me! Today is my two-month mark! It's so weird to think that I've really been out that long. It feels like yesterday that I said "Bye" to my mom and dad at the airport. Hmm. But, I'll let you guys keep the countdown. I don't really want to think about how fast the time is flying for me. My first transfer is on Wednesday, but I'm gonna continue to stay in Eagle Mountain. Elder Stevenson is getting transferred somewhere else though. I'm sad, because I've learned a lot from him, but I'm excited because I get to meet someone new and learn from them, and Elder Stevenson is needed in another area. It's awesome how the Lord works!

Well, I love you all! Please write! It means a lot to me. 
Much love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton
Couple of pictures of our views out walking...


Our "Role-Playing" Practice Dummy

No comments:

Post a Comment