Monday, June 23, 2014

Blessed!

Howdy everyone!

Things have been going really well this week! As we were doing numbers last night, we found we had 17 lessons, making it one of the more productive weeks since Elder De Leon got here. This week, we're working on trying to get 20 lessons. We're really pushing ourselves to get out and visit people, set up appointments with people we haven't talked to in a while, follow up with names that ward mission leaders have talked about, and things like that. We're finding that some of the best ways to get in with some people is just to simply go over to their house in service clothes, and ask if there's something we can do
to help them out. We've gotten quite a few referrals from it already.

Coming up on the first of July is a miracle baptism for us. Her name is Jordan, and we've been teaching her since the beginning of the year. We finished teaching all the lessons about 2 months ago, but we had to wait for her to get permission from her dad to be baptized. We honestly thought that we'd have to wait for her to turn 18, and then have some other missionaries baptize her. Her dad was still saying no every time she asked, and we didn't seem to be getting anywhere. It was really disheartening. Then, we just started praying for strength for Jordan that she would be able to fully explain what she wanted with her dad, and to ask one more time for his permission. We just found out recently from the ward mission leader that the dad gave his permission! I was so very thankful to Heavenly Father for softening the dad's heart and allowing Jordan to be baptized. 

This week, we also had to opportunity to baptize one of our long-term investigators, Sam, that I was teaching with Elder Stevenson when he was still here. Sam has been one of the best commitment-keepers I've ever seen! :D She's always ready for a challenge, and she honestly reminds me of my sisters. :) It was a ton of fun to see her be baptized, and to have Elder Stevenson come and watch it! Afterwards, we took a picture of three "generations" of missionaries. (See epic picture of us) it was really a neat experience to have my trainer, me,
and the missionary I trained, all together, and not even at transfers! :)





I'm so blessed to be in this area! I've been here my entire mission so far, so that might be why I feel like this is the best area in the mission, but it's been amazing to be here in Eagle Mountain. I hope I get to stay here for a little while longer. Recently, I did the math..
My trainer, Elder Stevenson, was here for 9 months. At the end of this transfer, I'll have been here for a grand total of 7 1/2 months. I need to have one more transfer here to tie with my trainer. :) I'm hoping I do get to stay here one more. :D

Anyways, I love y'all!

Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton

Keep Smiling! 




No comments:

Post a Comment