Monday, June 30, 2014

Keep Studying and Studying...

Howdy everyone!

So, this week has been really hard, just because of a bunch of different things, but it's definitely helped me see some of the bigger picture of what the Lord wants for me. This week, Elder De Leon and I learned a valuable lesson. We learned that if we really are to be prepared, we have to keep studying and studying and studying, over and over and over again. Otherwise, things will slip away from us very quickly.

It's definitely been fun this past week as we provide service for many of those people around our area. Many times, that's the only way people will let us in their house is if we serve them. Honestly, I don't mind that much. It's a lot of fun, and helps people understand that we're not just robots in a shirt and tie.

Being in Eagle Mountain has definitely been a blessing to me. I've been here for almost 7 1/2 months, and I still love it, I love to see the people, I love to teach here, and it's just a lot of fun! It slightly makes me wonder when missionaries say that they not happy in their area, because I think that it's really easy just to be happy where you are if you're grateful for the Lord calling you to where you are. I believe that happiness in an area comes when we understand that the Lord is the one who sent us here.

This past Friday, we gave part of the training at our zone training meeting. It was about being like Moroni, and being the best missionaries we can be. One of the things I felt particularly impressed by as I read and re-read the account of Moroni in Alma 48 was that the very powers of hell would be shaken forever and the devil would have no power, IF we were all like Moroni. Wow.. I've learned that when the prophets use bold language, they really mean it. So, then my next thought was how can I be more like Moroni? I mean, I want the powers of hell to be shaken, and I don't want the devil to have power over me, so what do I do? That's where I think Alma 48:8-9 is very instructive as to what we can do. These verses talk about Moroni strengthening the areas of the Nephite lands. He was "erecting small forts", putting up "walls of stone" and "banks of earth" around the cities, and seeking out and strengthening the weaker fortifications. I think we need to apply these verses to ourselves. What are our weak spots? What are things we need to fix? Then, after we've identified those places, we need to be asking help from Heavenly Father to give us the strength to correct those bad habits, or sins we keep committing, or the mistakes we keep making. If we're not willing to ask help from Heavenly Father, well, the entire point of identifying the weak spots was pointless. I invite all who see this to be proactive I correcting and strengthening not only yourselves, but also everyone you come in contact with.

I love y'all!

Elder Hamilton

Keep Smiling!



Someone who just wanted to wear my sunglasses!


No comments:

Post a Comment