Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Listen to the Holy Ghost

[Received Monday, 21 July 2014]

Howdy everyone!

Just a few things this past week. I'm slowly learning the area, and actually remembering where streets are! Mostly, anyway.. :) It does take a little getting used to when the streets have signs that say numbers, but the person giving you directions tells you an actual name for the street. It makes life a little confusing when you're trying to get to a dinner appointment at 5 o'clock and you're ready five minutes late.

We had President interviews this past week, and it was amazing! The biggest thing that President McCune told me to do was to "get to work". He said there's a lot of work to do here in Alpine, and that he trusts that Elder Cole and I will be able to get it done.

One of the biggest things I've learned this week is the importance of having the Holy Ghost with us as we teach. There are so many times when the promptings that come from the Holy Ghost mean a lot more than we really think. We have to be willing to listen, even if we don't understand what it means. For example, this past week I was teaching with Elder Cole, and for some reason I kept getting the impression to be quiet. Normally, that doesn't happen, (as anyone who knows me would know :) ) but I really felt it was very important for me to be quiet. So, I was quiet, and almost immediately I could feel the Holy Ghost testifying of the truth of what we did said. It was amazing to see truth be made known by the power of the Holy Ghost. I was so glad that I listened!

Well, not a whole lot going on this week, but this upcoming Saturday I get to go back to Eagle Mountain to baptize one of my old investigators, Steven. He wants me to baptize him, and Elder De Leon, my old companion, to confirm him on Sunday. It works out because I can only be there on Saturday! :)

I hope y'all have a fantastic week!

Elder Conrad Hamilton 

Keep Smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment