Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May the 4th be with you!

[Received 4 May 2015]

Howdy everyone!!

It's definitely been a fun week! Wow... It's crazy that we're already into the month of May. It feels like it should be February or something. It doesn't seem that enough time has passed since Christmas to be May already.

Well, I wanted to share some things that I've been learning about this week, and that I've been studying for some time.

First, from district meeting this past week. Last week, in district training meeting (still so much fun! It's like giving a talk every week, but instead, the audience talks back! :D), we were discussing D&C 88:119. It's fascinating to see the patterns that the Lord uses to instruct. There's particular patterns, and particular ways that the Lord presents information that I've found are really intriguing. Read it real fast:

119 Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;

Why is the order the way it is? Why is it significant? How can we improve our own house? Do we really have the capability to transform our house into a house of God (see Bible Dictionary: Temple)? What is my house going to be like? What do I *want* it to be like?

Second, from personal studies this morning. I was reading (again) in the book of 2 Nephi, particularly in chapter 32, verse 3. It says:

3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.

Do we "feast" upon the word, or do we merely "nibble" at the scriptures? Do we realize that we can be as the angels who "speak the words of Christ", or are we content with not caring? Why should I strive to have the Holy Ghost as my constant companion? A few different questions that I was thinking about and answering in my studies, but it's so awesome to be able to have the scriptures to be able to feast from! :D

Anyway, I have to get going, but I love y'all! May the 4th be with you! :D

Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton

Keep Smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment