Monday, June 8, 2015

One Miracle... and transfer time!

Howdy everyone!

Well, this week has definitely been FULL of various miracles and blessings! Again, I'm so glad I've been able to recognize more of the subtle ones that Heavenly Father sends my way! :D In fact, there are so many, I only really can share one. Otherwise, I'd be here all day writing about all of them, and you'd be here all day reading about all of them. So, here's one of the main ones from this week. :D

So, there's a YSA (young single adult) guy named Joe Bob (name has been changed), and this week is about the second full week that we've been teaching him. So, on Thursday, we taught him about the Word of Wisdom, which includes things like no coffee, no tea, etc. We invited him to live the Word of Wisdom, and there was a can of chew sitting on the table. Elder Kalamafoni asked if he could have that can (not to chew himself, but to throw away after we left so that it wasn't a temptation for Joe Bob), and Joe Bob nodded his head yes. Then, Joe Bob pulled a can out of his pocket, stacked it on top of the one on the table, then went and grabbed two more cans from somewhere else. He stacked those on top of the other two already on the table, then went to his fridge, grabbed what was left of a case of beer and put that on the table, (I was glad he didn't try to stack it on the 4 cans of
chew). Then he got his coffee maker (still about 1/4 full, mind you) and his coffee can/container/thingy which had quite a bit of coffee grinds still in it, ready to be made into a cup of coffee, and put it all on the table! He gave it all up right there! I'm not going to lie, I was slightly shell-shocked. I've never seen someone just give it all up just like that. And to make things funnier to me, Joe Bob told us that even though he was throwing away the money he'd spent on those things that he was giving us to throw away, he was going to have that much more money in his pocket in the future. :) WOW, right??

It was really cool, and I talked to him on Saturday again, to see how he was doing, and he said the only reason that he was able to quit was because of the feelings he'd had as we taught that lesson. I thought it was still amazing, because feelings or not, Joe Bob had to have faith in Heavenly Father that He would help him quit this stuff. It's still just incredible to me, and I love this gospel! :D

Well, in other news, I've now been here in Vernal for about 6 months, and because it's been another 6 weeks since the last transfer, it is now transfer time again. As of what's happening to me......

I'm being transferred to somewhere in the mission! :D 

After 6 months here in Vernal, the Lord has seen fit for me to move somewhere else in the grand old Utah Provo mission! :D Now, it'll be really fun and interesting for me, because depending on where I get sent, I could be in either the Provo or new Orem mission. :) Crazy thought, that I could potentially end up in a whole different mission. :D

I hope everyone has a fantastic week, and that y'all say a few prayers for me. I'm going to need them! :D (Well, frankly, I always need them, just now a little bit more than before... :D)

I love y'all!
- Elder Conrad Hamilton


Keep Smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment