Monday, August 10, 2015

Whirlwind of busy-ness

Howdy everyone!

This week has been a whirlwind of busy-ness!! Take a look at some of what we've been doing this week! :D

Monday was full of going to and from Delta, getting every normal P-day thing done that we needed to, then having a district activity/birthday party for some of the sisters in our district. We then headed back on the one-hour drive back to Nephi. We had a lesson back in Nephi, which went amazingly well!! :)

On Tuesday, we started off, had a few lessons, then we had exchanges with the Delta Elders. We met about at the halfway point for both of our companionships, which was an abandoned gas station. Sketchy, right? :D Elder Hernandez came into the Nephi area with me, we had lots of fun, and a had very successful exchange. I learned way more from him than I think he learned from me.

Wednesday comes, we finished up exchanges, and we met back together, switched back companions, and Elder Miller and I began the drive back to Nephi. (The drive between Nephi and Delta is a really long and boring drive, in case anyone's wondering.) Got back to Nephi, and we kept working on organizing our records. Spent a while working on that, then had a fun time at the Juab County prison to teach someone there. It's definitely a different experience to teach inside the jail. We're hoping that we can visit the branch that meets there at some point. I think it would be really cool! :)

Now about some Thursday's activities, which included zone conference up in Spanish Fork, then lots of visits and lessons the rest of the day. :) We finished off Thursday by spending some time with the Eva family, talking about a lot of different things. It was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed it! :D

Friday included zone training meeting up in Payson, about a stone's throw from the temple, and then immediately following I had the opportunity to teach and review about the AreaBook Planner. :) Fun, oh yes!

Saturday was the day that we visited all the people that we couldn't throughout the week, and we finished off Saturday with a fantastic lesson with a man named Jerry. He is fantastic! We were able to teach the Plan of Salvation, and to help him understand why he's here on the earth. :) It's been a while since I'd heard anyone actually ask why they were here on this planet, and what the entire point of all this was, and so to be able to talk about it with Jerry was awesome! :)

Sunday was also all over the place. Went to a ward in Levan at 9am, then back north into Nephi for ward meetings at 11am and 1pm, and then after those meetings, we came back to the apartment to finish up some of our weekly planning for this upcoming week. We had two appointments before bedtime, I collected key indicators from everyone in my district, and then my favorite part, discussing the individual areas with the companionships. It's so much fun to be able to talk with the other missionaries that I take care of. Being able to talk with them definitely helps me to understand much more how I can help them. It's awesome! :)

So, I don't know if everyone was as bored as us this week, (...Not!) but I hope that your upcoming weeks are amazing, and that you're able to find some way to help someone else's day a little brighter every day this week!

I love y'all! Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton

Keep Smiling! :D

Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment