Monday, August 17, 2015

Real Growth

Howdy everyone!

:D Wow, this week has just flown by! :D Lots of great and amazing things happening here in Nephi! :) We've been really stressing to everyone the importance of opening our mouths, and we've found a lot of different people through both other people and through ourselves. We've been steadily increasing the number of lessons we have each week, and we have a lot scheduled for this week already!

With the increase of lessons however, we're also making sure that it's not just a passing thing, but that the people that we're teaching are actually making real growth, that they're actually doing things to help them with their questions about life, death, everything before and after this life, to help them discover their relationship with our Father in Heaven, to help them understand the love that He has for them and to invite EVERYONE to come closer unto Christ. :D It's been amazing that as Elder Miller and I have made that more of a focus, we're finding more people who actually want to do something about the gospel message. :) In fact, I'm also finding more and more ways to change myself, not just others. I think that's one of the biggest joys of missionary work... You can't help others become better without becoming a little better yourself. For me, as I invite others to do things, I also do it with them. I learn right along with them. I found an interesting quote by President Joseph Smith, where he said, "A religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation. … It was through this sacrifice, and this only, that God has ordained that men should enjoy eternal life." As we truly have faith in Heavenly Father, sacrificing our will for His, (since that's the most we have to actually give) and as we live His will, we become happier and happier! :D He wants us to come live with him again! Why wouldn't we want to do those things that take us back to His presence?

Anyway, I love y'all! We're doing amazing, and I'm so happy to be a missionary! :D

Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton


Keep Smiling! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment