Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Start Looking for Miracles

[Received 3 February 2014]

Hey everyone,

This week has been one of the hardest. Harder, I think, than my baptism by fire a few weeks ago. Things keep coming up that I just think, "What in the world am I supposed to do with that?" It gets really demoralizing, and I just wonder if there's something I'm not doing. Maybe there was something else I was supposed to be doing? Last transfer, I was on exchanges with one of my zone leaders, and he basically sat me down on the side of the road, and told me to start looking for the miracles that came when something cancelled. I've seen quite a few this week, but I still wonder why I'm not able to help those people I'm actively supposed to be teaching. Anyway.. Enough of my ranting, but prayers would be much appreciated. 


This week, we started really kicking up communication on our end as missionaries, because we kept having the awesome problem of being triple-booked. It's a great problem to have, but it doesn't really work out when we can't accommodate the third lesson. So, we decided to send out emails to the ward mission leaders on Friday, after we do weekly planning, on Sunday, after we get any last minute things from the WML's, then lastly on Wednesday, as kinda a final reminder for the rest of the week. So far, it's been working well. We haven't gotten any triple-bookings since, and hopefully we'll be able to start lighting some bigger fires under the WML's and ward councils.

As I've been struggling, I've continuously made sure that I'm reading the Book of Mormon everyday. I just started reading in 3rd Nephi, and it really is amazing to me that so much wickedness was happening just before Christ came and showed Himself to the people in the Americas. I've also been really noticing that in the scriptures, they make a clear distinction between those that are prepared, and are ready to face challenges, and those that aren't prepared.

Hopefully, we'll always remember to keep the armor of God with us. That way, we'll be constantly prepared for anything that comes our way.

I love y'all!
-Elder Conrad Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment