Monday, June 2, 2014

We Want to be Baptized

Howdy everyone!

So this past week has been amazing! Last Monday, the 26th, I found out that neither Elder De Leon nor I was being transferred, so we decided to celebrate. It also was a fun thing to do before my birthday on Wednesday, so that was fun. We hiked up one of the mountains that separates City Center (the part of Eagle Mountain that we don't cover) from the rest of Utah Valley. It was amazing! (See Pictures)















On Wednesday, I had a fantastic birthday! It was so much fun to be able to open a box from home and have it filled with socks! I feel so much like Dumbledore.. Just wanting socks.. <sigh> Oh well. It was a ton of fun! :D We went to a family in City Center that fed us dinner, and for dessert, we had tres leche cake with strawberries! Yum! I had a fun time blowing out candles, and from halfway across the table too! I was proud of myself. :D

On Saturday, we had the baptisms of a couple we were teaching. At 9am, Adam and Jeannette followed the example of Jesus Christ and were baptized. Their story was really awesome! We were just starting a lesson with them, and as we began to introduce the lesson, they stopped us and just said, "We want to be baptized." Just like that. I kinda wanted to tell them, "One moment while I go cry in a corner." It was amazing! The lesson went fantastic, and yesterday in Sacrament meeting, they were confirmed as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and were given the gift of the Holy Ghost as a lifetime companion for them. :) 

Well, sorry today is so short! We're having a ton of fun here, and we're working hard! Everyone, just keep praying that we get the sleep that we need. Circumstances keep coming that interrupt our sleep.. Like the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night (no fire, just low batteries, we think), or freak windstorm blowing branches down into the window well in our room, etc. It's cool and all, but we'd like some more sleep. :D I never thought I'd say that, but we get really exhausted by the end of each day. 

I love y'all! Keep remembering to smile, always!

Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton

Keep Smiling!







No comments:

Post a Comment