Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What are we?

[Received 4 August 2014]

Howdy everyone!

So, this week, I've been focusing a lot on how to be a better disciple of Jesus Christ. I've been trying, really hard, to see how Christ would act in my place to help the area of Alpine, Utah become more a place of Zion. As I've thought and pondered about it, I've come to the conclusion that service is the answer for me. As I serve those that I work with, I find more spiritual strength. It makes a lot of work, but it's work that I need to do. In my last interview with my mission president, he told me to "go to work". It's been something that I've been trying to implement the most out of all the advice I've been given in the Alpine area. I've been working to help those I work with see that we as missionaries are not just two guys trying to baptize people, but two young men who want to build the kingdom of Heavenly Father, and want to help others rise to the fullest potential they can.

Something else I've been thinking about today was something we discovered when we, as a district, went to the Curiosity Museum in Thanksgiving Point. We started in the gardens, where we were having lots of fun (and I took lots of pictures that y'all will have to see next week...) looking at the different flowers and statues throughout.

One of the last things we saw in the gardens was an exhibit called "The Light of the World". In this exhibit, there were many statues of Christ and various depictions of events that occurred throughout the Savior's life. As we left that exhibit, one of the sisters asked us what we thought if Christ was to come right now, what would we be named to Him? That struck me very hard, and I've been thinking about it all day. What WOULD the Savior call us if he was to come to us right now? Would He call us "Friend"? Would He call us "Enemy"? Would He call us "Betrayer"? Would He call us "Brother" or "Sister"? All kinds of names are possible, but what are we? I hope and pray that when He comes to earth again to rule and reign, what will He us?

I love y'all! Keep being the awesome people I know you all are!

Love,

Elder Conrad Hamilton

Keep Smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment