Monday, January 5, 2015

A New Year!

Howdy everyone! 
I hope everyone has had a FANTASTIC start to their New Year! :D I know I have!

First off, I apologize for having really short blog posts the last few weeks. It's been a time crunch trying to make sure I get everything done that I need to get done. :)
As for weather here in Vernal... There's not a whole lot of snow on the ground right now. It's been pretty warm here- up into the high 20s and low 30s. :D Apparently, all the people around here are predicting some horrible weather coming up later on this month. :D It'll be fun! We had a cold blast about 2 weeks ago that put us in the negatives for about half a week, or at least into the single digits, and it was so weird to have to wear my overcoat again. :) Now, I'm not wearing it again, but I'm hoping I'll have the opportunity to wear it again sometime this month. :D

Vernal is FANTASTIC, and I'm loving every single second I'm here. :D There is so much to get done here, so many people to talk to, so many families to help bring to the temple, and so many people to invite to come unto Christ. There have been so many miracles in my life this week, and I can't even count them all. My blessings box is getting no lack of attention, and I'm grateful that the Lord has put me here in Vernal to be able to help whoever I can here. :D I'll share some blessings and miracles next week, but I want you to know that I KNOW that Heavenly Father loves each of us. He answers our prayers, EVERY TIME. I know that He will answer yours, and that He loves you! 

I wanted to share something that came up yesterday in one of the church meetings we attended. Yesterday in church, there was something said about building character. It made me think about what that phrase really means, and why it has such a negative connotation in our everyday usage. Then, "character of Christ" came to mind, and the next thought I had kinda worried me. It was very distinct, and it was that Satan tries to make the thought of changing our nature a hard and scary thing for us. Why? Because he doesn't want us to feel like it's worth it to become as Christ and Heavenly Father are. (These are my personal thoughts, by the way, not particularly based in scriptural doctrine.) I invite everyone to find something in your life that you can change for the better. Find something that makes the character of Christ more a part of you. :)

I love y'all!

Elder Conrad Hamilton


Keep Smiling!
One of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment