Monday, February 23, 2015

All Over the Place

Howdy everyone! :D 

I hope everyone has had a fantastic week! We've been all over the place! 

On Monday, we hiked (more like walked) to a place called Moonshine Arch (nope, no booze). It was awesome! I even have pictures to prove we were there! :D It was a lot of fun, and we all enjoyed time to just walk around. 

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were all AMAZING! I was on exchanges with Elder Terrón, one of our zone leaders, and I had the privilege of being in the Spanish area. It was definitely a different experience because of the whole Spanish dimension. :D We had a TON of miracles as we went around contacting people. One of the biggest miracles we saw was after we'd stopped by a Spanish family and invited them to the English class that night and the sports right afterwards. We'd stopped by, talked to the family (well, Elder Terrón did, because I don't speak Spanish), and then as we left, we saw someone standing in front of another apartment that we'd seen earlier in the day, but hadn't had the chance to talk to. We went up, started talking to him, and found out he's been wanting to meet with the missionaries for a while, but hasn't been able to. We talked with him for a while, and he shared a lot of his story with us, and it was an incredible blessing to me to see that the Lord really does bless us when we do what we're asked. :)

Second thing is that I got to teach the above-mentioned English class! :D Definitely a new experience for me!  We basically played a game with all the Hispanics that were there. We gave out candy bars at the beginning, and said that everyone could only speak English during the class, and if they spoke Spanish, we took their candy bar. :D It was a lot of fun, and at the end, those who had lost their candy got to earn it back by saying phrases in English. Lots of fun! :D 

On Saturday, we were about ready to leave the apartment when we got a phone call from one of the local bishops in our area. :D He asked us if we'd be willing to speak in his ward at 1pm. :) I thought it was very ironic because my companion doesn't necessarily like giving talks that much, then the bishop calls and asks if we can speak. I just looked at Elder Ales and said, "I didn't do it! I didn't tell him anything!" :D It was awesome! We were given the topics of how scripture study brings us closer to Christ. I'd like to share some suggestions that I've found have really helped me that I shared yesterday in my talk. 

----------------------------------------
Suggestions
1. Don't beat yourself up if you miss a day!
2. MAKE time, every single day, to allow yourself to sink into the scriptures.
3. Look at the stories being told, and write down how they make you feel and what thoughts they bring to your mind. This is revelation. 
4. As you read, write down the basic principles you are reading about to help summarize and understand what's being taught.
            - In November 1993 Ensign, Elder Scott said, "Principles are concentrated truth, packaged for application to a wide variety of circumstances." 
5. Discover how you "feast on the word of God"! 
6. As you read, make specific and appropriate markings to help you remember what you've learned. // If using the electronic versions of the scriptures, be sure to use the highlighting and note-taking features to see what you're learning. If you don't know how to use them, ask a little kiddo. They can help you. Or the missionaries. That works too. :D 
7. Put yourself in circumstances that are conducive to feeling the Holy Ghost as you read, ponder, and FEAST on the scriptures!
----------------------------------------

Anyway, I hope EVERYONE has a fantastic week! I love y'all!

Elder Conrad Hamilton

Keep Smiling!








No comments:

Post a Comment