Monday, February 2, 2015

This Transfer

Howdy everyone!

Well, transfers are this week! It seriously doesn't feel like I've been here in Vernal for the past 7 weeks. <sigh> Time is going WAY too fast. I've definitely been blessed to be here in Vernal, and I've met lots of really awesome people. It's also been an added blessing because I've met so many Scouters here that I've been able to relate with and have a common interest with. I've also been blessed with a extremely awesome companion who's definitely pushed me to continuously try harder and do more and keep going. Of course, we aren't just simply robots who just go through all the motions, but we are actual missionaries, who have a message to share that is changing the world one heart and soul at a time. This transfer has been a blast to be able to find those people, and it has definitely helped me with feeling like a successful missionary. It has also been a blessing to feel more of the blessings and miracles that come as we are exactly obedient to the rules and commandments we have in our lives. For me, I have a few more, notably the White Handbook, which is a guide for missionaries around the world, but we all still have the commandments to follow, we understand the doctrines we have in our lives. All of these things help us, and as we continue to find ways to improve our obedience, we continue to receive more and more blessings. 

Something else I've noticed this week is something that I feel isn't just an isolated problem, but is something that I think many throughout the world struggle with. It is the idea of absolute law. So many of us continue triying to excuse away the things we should be doing, simply because it doesn't fit with what is comfortable to us. I've been struggling with trying to explain to people that it's just the way it is. I guess people just don't like it when we say that Heavenly Father gave us divine laws that have to be followed, otherwise we will feel the consequences. It's just a little something. that's been bugging me a little bit, and I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means, but I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have that there ARE absolute things in this world. Not everything is a changing, fluctuating thing. Thank goodness. 

Now, you're probably wondering if I'm being transferred or not. :D Well, here's the verdict. <Scroll down>
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm staying in Vernal for another 6 weeks with Elder Ales! :D 


I love you all, and I hope you have a fantastic week!


Love, 

Elder Conrad Hamilton

Keep Smiling!




No comments:

Post a Comment