Thursday, March 12, 2015

Awesome

[Received 9 March 2015]

Howdy everyone!

Well, this has been a really interesting week. We went to Provo on Tuesday for a mission conference regarding technology use in the mission, and I think I can sum it up in a simple catch phrase, "Conversion: An Inside-Out Process". :) It was an AWESOME thing to be able to have another conversation about these things and to learn from our mission president and from Elder Clark of the First Quorum of Seventy and Bro. Donaldson of the Missionary Department of the Church. SO GOOD!

Elder Ales and I had an amazing miracle (well, series of..) that came as we cleaned out our Area Books this last month. A few weeks ago, we were going through names of people that had been taught previously, and we felt like we needed to stop by and see if one of these people even still lived where the record said they did. We knocked on the door, and of course, the person who we were looking for wasn't there, but the person that now lives there was interested in our message, and so we set up an appointment for this last Wednesday, and I'll be honest. I didn't have a very high expectation for this appointment. I figured that because we were scheduling two weeks out, the gal we were scheduling with would forget, or that she'd find an excuse to not be there. So, on Wednesday, Elder Ales sent a text to remind her that we were still planning on coming by, and we got an incredibly enthusiastic response! :) We taught her a few times this week, and then she and her two boys came to church for ALL THREE HOURS! :D To me, that has been unheard of. Maybe I need to raise my expectations for the people I work with, I don't know, but I do know that it was an awesome thing to be able to witness that yesterday. :D

Well, gotta run, but I love y'all! 

Love, 

Elder Conrad Hamilton

Keep Smiling!

Massey Caves

Snow day

No comments:

Post a Comment