Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Make Every Second Count

[Received 18 May 2015]

Howdy everyone! 

I hope everyone has been enjoying themselves as we come to the end of another school year! :D It's so weird to see everyone getting ready for summer, and it's just more days to me. 

In two days (on May 20th) , I'll have been on my mission for 18 months. Crazy, right?? Wow! I don't like it, at all. But, I had an appointment this week with a really awesome family, and something the husband said really stuck out to me. He made me promise that for the next 6 months, I would be able to say I made every second count. Of course, I said I would, but I've been thinking about it a bit more for the last few days. For each of us, whether on a full-time mission or not, do we make every second count, or are we content to waste time away doing meaningless things? In the scriptures, the Lord tells us to be "anxiously engaged in a good cause". I think it's very important for each of us to remember that He says to not just be anxiously engaged, but to be engaged in a "good cause". What are our "good causes"? Is it family history work? Is it supporting a local charity? Is it organizing fundraisers for the local Boy Scout troop? There are all kinds of possible "good causes", and they are SO much better for the soul than sitting around playing video games. I invite everyone to think about it, and how you can be more anxiously engaged in good causes, not just for this week, but for the rest of the month/year/life. :D 

I love y'all! Have a fantastic week!

- Elder Conrad Hamilton


Keep Smiling!

Panoramic shot - visiting the local father's and son's camp out!

No comments:

Post a Comment