Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Turning 21

[Received 25 May 2015]

Howdy everyone! :D 

Well, I'm officially past my 18-month mark. Only 6 months left, and it's a great thing! :) So much still to do, so many people still to see! Gotta move! This week, I also have another momentous occasion, my 21st birthday. It's weird, because as a missionary, a birthday doesn't really mean a whole lot. It's just another day to be out spreading the gospel. That, and even just as a Mormon, it doesn't mean much more than just one year older, since I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't chew, any of that. But, I'm still turning 21! :)

This last week, we had the blessing of having zone conference with President and Sister McCune. (It's their last zone conference! :( ) In that zone conference, we talked a lot about the importance of the basics, such as prayer, studying the scriptures, and attending church. Isn't it amazing that if we can figure out these three basic things, many other things just fall into place? I'm so grateful for these three things that we've been given from a loving Heavenly Father. I've been given prayer so that I can continuously pour my heart out to Him. I've been scriptures to study to see some of His answers, but also to learn and understand (with help from a living prophet) what I need to do in this life. I've been given church, and by extension, the Sacrament, to be able to remember and renew the covenants (two-way promise between me and Heavenly Father) I've made with him each week. These simple things have blessed me, and definitely provide the reason why the scripture in the Book of Mormon is so important. Here's that scripture: 

6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

I love this gospel! It's such a blessing in my life, and in so many others! 😀

I love y'all! Have a fantastic week!!! 

Love, 
- Elder Conrad Hamilton

#KeepSmiling! :)
Our district during district meeting this last Thursday. The sisters (Sister Elliot is farther from the camera, with Sister Ondoy closer) practicing teaching "Brother" Rodriguez (the far end of the table, with "Brother" Hill being the member friend at the lesson. Elder Kalamafoni is diligently taking notes. 

This awesome guy's been called to the Texas Fort Worth misson. :D He'll be awesome!

Tongan peoples on the left, Texan peoples on the right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment