Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Something to be Grateful for

[Received 29 June 2015]

Howdy everyone!

Well, another week has passed! Lots of awesome stuff happened this last week, as well as a little bit of sadness. :/ But, I'll just get crackin' on what happened this last week!

So, on Monday, we hiked to the Y above Provo, and I'm not going to lie, I was impressed with the view of Provo. Granted, I'm easily impressed, and I was already pleased that I was able to see my area and start figuring out boundaries, so it was really cool.

On Tuesday,  it was Mom's birthday!! :D I want to take a second and just say that I love my momma, and I'm so grateful that she puts up with me, and with my silliness, even when I know better. Granted, she makes sure that I know I did something silly, in hopes that I don't do it again, but even when I do, she still loves me, and wants the best for me. I love my mom! :D

On Wednesday, we had a sad day. Our mission president (as of this morning, June 29, 2015 at 10am) has finished his 3-year mission as our mission president, so last Wednesday, he had a last training with us to help us understand that we need to keep moving forward with our new mission president, and to not lose any momentum that we have currently, and to keep pushing forward. During this meeting, I had the opportunity to perform a musical number with some other missionaries, such as Elder Hovey, one of my companions in the Missionary Training Center (MTC), Sister Howard and Sister Garding, two sisters that I met while I was serving in eastern Utah, out in Vernal, and with Elder Chamberlain on the piano, who I've met before, but didn't really know. We sang hymn #98, "I Need Thee Every Hour", and I loved it. I got to sing the tenor part, which isn't one I normally sing, but it was fun. That entire meeting was incredible, after which we walked over to the Provo Temple and took pictures as a mission with President and Sister McCune. :)

On Thursday, my companion reached his year-mark on the mission!! Woo-hoo! It was weird for him to discover that he'd already served for half of the time he was supposed to serve. It was an awesome day!

On Friday, my highlight was going to the Payson temple with one of the people I baptized from Eagle Mountain named Steven. We went and we both felt a sense of deja vu as we both dressed in white again, and as I baptized him again, but this time for some of his deceased ancestors. :D It was awesome! The Payson temple is beautiful!

On Saturday, we had a fun time just going around, talking to a lot of different people, and we got a lot of referrals to go visit! Woo-hoo for that! :D

Then finally, yesterday, the highlight of the day was being able to have a really powerful lesson with someone on the importance of being converted ourselves, *for* ourselves. It was awesome to see some of those lightbulbs click on in his head, and to see the understanding start to creep in.

That's a basic run-down of the week, but I hope that you recognize that there was always something to be grateful for. Maybe it takes a second to recognize, or maybe there's something else we needed to see, but there is always something. Find it in your own life! There is something to be grateful for. :D

Anyway, I love y'all! 

Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton

Keep Smiling!

      ^Best/Only way to live! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment