Tuesday, July 7, 2015

By the Spirit

[Received 6 July 2015]

Howdy everyone!

I hope everyone had a fun, safe, and AWESOME Independence Day celebration! :D As last year, we were able to walk in the 4th of July Provo Parade, and then this year, because my zone is in Provo, we got to help out with the Freedom Festival on Friday. :D It was so much fun! We were helping out at the kiddo's arts & crafts booth, and I basically just colored coloring pages all day. I've realized that coloring is so relaxing. I had so much fun, and every once in a while, little kids would come over and I'd help them pick out colors and which coloring page. So much fun! Then, for our July 4th district activity, we got to watch "How to Train Your Dragon 2"! :D It was so much fun with our district! We did breakfast for dinner, and we played futsal for a while as well.

Something really awesome I've learned more about/applied more this past week while on exchanges with one of my zone leaders was the significance of finding those who are ready to hear the gospel *by the Spirit*. Those last three words took on so much more meaning as I kept understanding more and more what it meant to be "led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand what I should do". There were lots of incredible experiences and miracles that came as I was willing to look in places where I thought there was no one, where I thought the message of the restored gospel wouldn't be received. It was fantastic! :D We kept finding people that were just looking for the gospel. So many more contacts and referrals for my area. I thought it was really funny because I was on exchanges with the Spanish elders in my district, and I was in the Spanish area, but yet I kept finding so many people to teach in my own area. I think Elder Clayton (the Spanish missionary) was slightly confused, but it's all good. :D He ended up finding quite a few people to teach in his area as well. :)

Anyway, I'm continuing to love it here in the Provo Bonneville area! :D We're still building the area (raising the level of work that we have), and we're getting to know lots and lots of people! :D We've been working on meeting all of the bishops and ward mission leaders, and we're setting up times to meet with each of them. We've gotten lots of times set up, and we've really enjoyed the meetings we've had so far. Joys of serving in 17 different wards, although it's still easier than trying to serve in 32 different wards.

Anyway, I love y'all! Again, I hope y'all had a fun Independence Day weekend, and I hope that y'all have a just as fun and safe week this week!

- Elder Conrad Hamilton


Keep Smiling! :D

Here are a bunch of pictures... Our mission in front of the Provo Temple saying goodbye to Elder McCune, the Payson Temple, hot air balloons in Utah Valley, etc... and there's a shot of our new mission boundaries, and last one is of my great friend, Elder Blickenstaff, and me at the parade on Saturday.



The Payson Utah Temple!




My companion, Elder DeCoursey 


New Utah Provo Mission Boundaries!

Elder Blickenstaff and me!


No comments:

Post a Comment