Monday, July 20, 2015

Another time to be transferred!

Howdy everyone!

Well, I'm officially 20 months out on the mission, as I've been so gracefully reminded today. I'm still not sure what to do with that information, as it means I only have 4 months left on the mission...

Also, I'm getting transferred! Only been in the Provo Bonneville area for a transfer, and I'm getting transferred. I love having the understanding that I do that the Lord is in charge of the work, and that President Hodgman is inspired by Heavenly Father.

However, this week has been awesome! We had a baptism on Saturday of a woman who's been going to church for a number of years already, and has been just waiting for the right time for her to join the Church. She felt that she was ready, and asked us to set up the interview for her. :D We quickly reviewed the principles necessary to know for baptism, and she was OK'd on each one. She went through the interview last Wednesday, was baptized on Saturday, and then confirmed a member of the Church and given the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday in church. :D It's so awesome to see people make those covenants (2-way promise between God and man, in which God sets the conditions and man promises to obey in return for blessings) with Heavenly Father, and to see them strive to keep those covenants. I know that as we make those promises with Heavenly Father, we may still not be perfect, but I think it raises us to a higher level of accountability to Heavenly Father in keeping His commandments.

We also found 3 new investigators for us to teach this last week, and as of this point in time, each has accepted the invitation to be baptized, but we're just not sure of when yet. We haven't prayed and asked Heavenly Father yet about it. My companion, Elder DeCoursey and I, have some ideas, but we haven't discussed them yet. It's such a blessing to serve in the Provo Bonneville and Provo Utah stakes! :D There is so much for us to continue to be doing to help move the work of the Lord forward in this time of the world. :D There will definitely be no rest for the righteous, and that's OK, because the Lord will sustain us in everything we are doing, since I'm pretty sure the devil and his little minions aren't resting a whole lot either.

We've got work to do, so let's get to it! :D

Anyway, I love y'all! Enjoy some of the pictures from this last week! :D

Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton


Keep Smiling! :D


Yes. I took a nap.


Daisies for my big sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment