Monday, July 13, 2015

Fantastic Week!

Howdy everyone!

It's been another fantastic week here in the Provo Bonneville area! :D We're getting lots and lots busier, and we're finding so many different ways to meet new people. :D I've definitely been loving it here, and I'd much rather just finish the rest of the mission in this area! :D It's crazy that we're almost done with this transfer! This time next week, I'll know if I'm being transferred or not.

An interesting realization/reminder is last week came as I was working on preparing our weekly district meeting. I kept asking and praying and pleading with Heavenly Father to help me know what I needed to share this last Friday in my district meeting. I'd had thoughts come to me already, but I didn't feel that "burning" (ish.. It feels more like goosebumps, but on the inside.. don't ask, that's as close to describing it as I can get) I've gotten used to feeling to confirm what I thought. Then, as I was saying my prayers on Wednesday, I was asking once again about what to train and teach about when I got the answer, "You already know. Just do it." I grabbed a little notebook and put everything down that had been coming to my mind on the pages, and it all just seemed to flow. It all worked out, and it was an awesome district meeting! Yesterday, in one of the various church meetings, we were talking about having the Spirit to guide us in all things, and I thought back to my experience with my district meeting. I realized that as we grow and develop, as our will becomes more and more aligned with that of our Heavenly Father, as we get better and better at living the gospel, we are better at living the principles of the gospel on our own. We are able to just move forward with what we know is good. I know there are always going to be times where we need the influence and direction of the Holy Ghost, but I also know that the Lord expects us to learn to do good on our own. President Hinckley said, "Does it persuade one to do good, to rise, to stand tall, to do the right thing, to be kind, to be generous? Then it is of the Spirit of God. “If it invites to do good, it is of God. If it inviteth to do evil, it is of the devil. … And if you are doing the right thing and if you are living the right way, you will know in your heart what the Spirit is saying to you. You recognize the promptings of the Spirit by the fruits of the Spirit--that which enlighteneth, that which buildeth up, that which is positive and affirmative and uplifting and leads us to better thoughts and better words and better deeds is of the Spirit of God” (Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley, 260–61).

As we live the way we need to be living, as we invite the Holy Ghost more and more into our lives, we begin to show more and more those attributes that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ want us to develop in ourselves. We become better and better people, we become better at just doing good things, we reach out to others with greater compassion and understanding, we come to love our Savior and our Heavenly Father more fully. I know this!

I hope everyone has an awesome week!

Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton


Keep Smiling!

First photos with President and Sister Hodgman - July 4th...




No comments:

Post a Comment