Monday, October 12, 2015

Looking Back and Forward

Howdy everyone! :D 

Wow, this week has just flown by! We had two baptisms on Saturday (see picture below), I had a meeting in Provo regarding "after the mission" and we worked on a less-active's false ceiling above his porch on Thursday. Someone else agreed to be baptized towards the end of the month on Tuesday, and we went hiking up Santaquin Canyon for zone activity. We drove to Delta where I did a baptismal interview, and then drove home from Delta on Monday! It's definitely been a really busy week, and I'm excited to see what this next week holds for Elder Taylor and I. This Wednesday will also mark the beginning of my last 6 weeks as a full-time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I'm not sure quite how I feel about it. Time is just going super fast, and I feel like this week will go super fast, especially considering how many lessons we already have planned for this upcoming week. :D 

This last transfer has been one of a lot of growth for me as we've watched and listened and re-read the addresses from General Conference, as I've begun final preparations to return home, and as I've started thinking back to how I've served in each of my areas. Unfortunately, I do have a few regrets, and I wish I could go back and try some things again with what I know now, but I know that I've learned from those things, and I'm improving each and every day. Such is the blessing and miracle of the Atonement! :D I'm so glad that we have it for use in our lives every single day! 

One last thing for everyone... Today, Elder Taylor and I made the trip to Provo to see the mission doctor. Elder Taylor hasn't been feeling well for the last week, almost week and a half, and so I'd like to ask a favor from everyone. If y'all could say a prayer for his recovery, it would mean so much to me. He's been trying to get used to being a missionary, and being sick isn't helping him one bit. :/ He's been on some different medications, but they don't help him as much as he'd like. So, if y'all would just say a small little prayer, asking for his health to return, that would be amazing. Thanks so much!

Well, everyone, you're probably waiting for the transfer news. Here it is! Elder Taylor and I are staying together in the Nephi area for 6 more weeks! :D

Anyway, that's all for this week! Stay tuned this time next week for another post! :D 

Love,
Elder Conrad Hamilton
Keep Smiling! :D 


P.S. Check out the pictures from some of our adventures this last week! :D Looks like fun, huh?

Someone saw us taking this picture, and they labeled me as the goofy one, Elder Miller (right) as the normal one, and Elder Taylor (left) as the one who's auditioning for "Men in Black". I thought that was ironic, because he doesn't wear black suits.. At all.. And of course, the two amazing kids in the front, Kevin and Brianna! Nope, Kevin's not a girl, so you can figure out which one is which! :D (Those who understood the "UP" reference, go ahead and pat yourself on the back..)

Silly Zone Picture

Elder Taylor crossing the stream as we went up Santaquin Canyon


Going up Santaquin Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment